Monday, August 8, 2011

Snippets from the garden



How many of you have too much squash in your garden?? LOL Zucchini, delicata, pattypans, summer, cousa..the list goes on and on here. Now, it's pepper time.. hot hot hot!  Love em all! And then the beans.. gads we have so many green beans this year.  After a touch of the Japanese bean beetle--I was surprised our yields would be so great.  I've been doing a lot of canning this season--pickling much, preparing many relishes and then of course there's the jams & jellies...  blueberry, raspberry, plum, and peach amaretto so far.

                                   The edamame are coming along.. I can't wait to steam these up.

And I couldn't wait on the red fingerlings.. just had to pick a few for dinner the other night. I can't believe how well they've grown. Besides being so gorgeous--they were just scrumptious tasting too!
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers, but if I don't get right back to you--I'm either in the garden, weeding or in the kitchen cooking!