Sunday, April 7, 2013

Signs of Spring

Yeah, I know, it's been a while.  It's been a long winter, but we're so glad to see the first arrivals of Spring... chirping birds, pussy willows, mud (yes, even the mud)  croccus, and one of my favorite garden plants.. rhubarb with which I'll be making plenty of jams, pies and chutney!
I've been busy readying all the garden beds and today I'll set some of the onions, carrots and peas.  I'm so glad I planted some greens last Autumn in the cold frame.










Happily growing at home are  peppers, tomatoes, more onions, rosemary, sage, basils, many greens,  scented geraniums and bay.  All in all, we're hopefully off to a good growing season.  Welcome Spring!


2 comments:

  1. Irises are greening up and putting out leaves and the rhubarb is coming up. Still another month and a half until we can plant the veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great gardening season this year Karen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers, but if I don't get right back to you--I'm either in the garden, weeding or in the kitchen cooking!